THIS ARTICLE ON LIQUID SOAP PRODUCTION WAS LAST UPDATED ON THE 21ST OF MAY, 2022.
Liquid soap is becoming a very popular product in the country today. Many use it for domestic purposes at home to wash clothes and kitchen utensils; restaurants and eateries are not left out too. One interesting thing that makes the demand for liquid soap to be very high is the fact that it is easier and cheaper to use than every other washing substance.
A lot of people are now venturing into the business. Capital for production is usually very low and one may not require any further teaching since the internet has made everything beautiful in this generation of ours.
This article was been carefully written to guide those who may wish to produce liquid soap by themselves. Note that there might be other methods used for production, but this particular one is one of the best because it is the product of so much research and expertise of the author. You may, however, stick to whatever method will best work for you in future.
You can start the business today on your own and specialize in the production and marketing of liquid soaps to make a lot of money for yourself.
CHEMICALS REQUIRED AND THEIR PROPORTION
The Chemicals required to produce liquid soaps are not far-fetched and are not expensive; they are readily available in our main or major markets. Just ask traders around where you can buy chemicals for liquid soap and you will be directed accordingly.
The under-listed chemicals are for the production of about 20 litres of soap. The vendors that sell the chemicals can advise you on the quantities for a smaller volume production like 15 litres or even 10 litres, or as the case may be:
- Nitrosol (or Antisol)…….……… 1/8kg (i.e 125g).
- Caustic Soda…………………..……1/16kg (i.e 62.5g)
- Soda Ash (Sodium carbonate) ,,..1/8 Kg
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) ….1/8kg
- Sulphonic Acid………………..……..1 ½ Ltr
- STPP……………………………….… 1/16Kg
- Texapon ………………………….…1/8kg
- Foam Booster………………………1/6 Ltr
- Colour (As desired)
- Glycerine (Optional)
- Perfume (As desired)
- Vitamin E (Optional)
DESCRIPTION AND FUNCTIONS OF CHEMICALS USED FOR LIQUID SOAP PRODUCTION
Water is the main solvent needed for the process to dissolve the various ingredients. It is very essential in the production of liquid soap.
This serves as a thickener in the production of liquid soap. It comes as a whitish substance and has the texture of powdered milk. Nitrosol will dissolve immediately in water, but Antisol takes a longer time to dissolve in water.
It is a whitish crystalline substance that looks much like a sample of granulated sugar. It forms a strong base when dissolved in water and can be corrosive if in contact with the skin. It is an essential ingredient in the soap making process. This is the stain or dirt removal agent in the liquid soap.
Soda Ash (Sodium carbonate):
This is also a whitish substance but with many coarse grains, it serves to regulate the concentration of the Caustic Soda which ordinarily is corrosive to the skin. It helps to neutralize it.
SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate):
The SLS looks like rice grains and it’s whitish in color too. It is a surfactant that helps to lower the surface tension of the aqueous solution. It is the main active foaming agent.
The Taxapon is a pasty and jellylike substance, it also functions as a foaming agent and serves as a foaming booster too. Many liquid soap producers don’t use Texapon and SLS together in the same production; reason because both perform almost the same function. They go with just one.
This is a dark looking liquid substance. It serves to boost the performance of the SLS, it is also a foaming and cleaning agent. Please the word spell S-U-L-P-H-O-N-I-C and not S-U-L-P-H-U-R-I-C. The latter is a very strong acid and can be very corrosive. please beware.
STPP (Sodium Tripolyphosphate):
STPP is a sodium salt of triphosphoric acid. It has the appearance of white crystal powder and looks very much like table salt. It is a strong cleaning agent too and helps the SLS to work to its full potential.
This also comes in liquid form and has transparent look. As the name implies, it makes the liquid soap foam very well.
The preservative agent. It should be used in the soap to be stored for a long time like six months, especially if one is producing for commercial purposes. Please you can do without this chemical. It is very harmful if abused, it can cause CANCER.
This normally comes as a powder and should be diluted with water before adding to the soap mixture. The colour adds beauty to the finished product. Most producers go with green colour.
Usually helps your skin to remain hydrated and soft after using the soap.
This gives your soap a sweet fragrance. Most people prefer lemon, pineapple, ambipur. lavender or strawberry fragrance in their production.
Offers a great deal of protection to the skin. E.g from damage, wrinkles etc.
- A big mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or stick for stirring (or a hand mixer for chemicals if you can afford one)
- A pair of Scissors
- Hand glove
- Nose mask
- Rubber gloves
- Measurement bowl or container or beaker
One really needs a great deal of patience during stirring to make sure any chemical added in any stage dissolves properly before adding the next one
For smaller volume production, eg 8litres or 10litres, follow the same process but work on your ratios. The vendors selling these chemicals usually sell them already measured according to the volume of liquid soap to be produced. (If you can, still get your measurement devices for perfection.)
Just tell them how much volume you want to produce and they will give you the quantity of chemicals you require. It is advisable to start with a small volume and grow bigger later. Measure out about 20 litres of water; then follow the under-listed steps:
- Dissolve the Caustic Soda before the production process with 1 litre of water, possibly, allowing for 24 hours or overnight. You can still dissolve a few hours before the main production, the best result is however achieved if the time is longer. Please keep all chemicals out of reach of children. Caustic soda is corrosive to the skin.
- Dissolve the Soda Ash as above (i.e with 1 litre of water and keep overnight for proper dissolution)
- Dissolve the Nitrosol with 10 litres of water or lesser, in a bigger mixing bowl just before production. In case you want to opt for Antisol in preference to Nitrosol, dissolve it in the same amount of water and let it stay for at least 24-48 hours before production. Note: this should be properly dissolved and will look like a ‘starchy solution’ at the end.
- Dissolve the SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) in 1 litre of water to produce a clear solution before production; keep it aside. This should be done at least one hour before production. If you want it to dissolve well, dissolve in water and leave overnight.
- Dissolve the STPP (Sodium Tripolyphosphate) in 1 litre of water before production and keep it aside too. (Some people don’t use STPP for whatever reasons best known to them)
- Mix the Texapon and Sulphonic Acid together. Mix very well and dissolve further with 2 litres of water. Stirring should be done gently until the mixture is well dissolved and homogenous. Note that this particular step is an exothermic process; meaning that heat will be generated if you do it well.
- Dissolve the powdered colour with a small quantity of water and keep it aside.
- Gently pour the dissolved mixture of Sulphonic Acid and Texapon into the mixing bowl containing dissolved Nitrosol(or Antisol}. Stir very well and gently until the mixture becomes homogenous. You need patience here.
- Add the dissolved Caustic Soda into the mixing bowl above and stir very well.
- Add the dissolved Soda Ash next and stir very well until even.
- Next, add the STPP and stir properly
- Add the Dissolved SLS and stir more.
- Add Foam Booster to make it foam very well.
- Add your Formalin and keep stirring
- Vitamin E and Glycerine can be added at this point. Don’t forget to stir and stir.
- Finally, allow the lather formed to settle and disappear, then add the dissolved colour and perfume, and stir properly.
- Now add the remaining water. Do this gradually, small quantity at a time, stir each time and pay close watch on the thickness until the desired is attained.
Note: Following this order is very important; otherwise, you may end up producing something you may not like. Some people also believe that the SLS and Texapon should not be used together, that it’s either one uses Texapon alone or SLS alone, but not the two. As I mentioned earlier, there are diverse methods of production and one should stick to whichever works for him. For me, I use the two.
More so, the manner one mixes the SLS, Texapon. STPP, Sulphonic and Foaming Booster don’t really matter.
QUALITIES EXPECTED FROM A GOOD LIQUID SOAP
- Your soap is expected to foam very well.
- It must have a sweet fragrance.
- The colour must be appealing.
- Must be durable.
- Must not cause any form of irritation to the skin.
PRECAUTIONS AND SAFETY DURING PRODUCTION
- Wear rubber gloves
- Use nose mask
- Carry out production in a well-ventilated environment with good illumination.
- In case of a chemical splash to the face or delicate part of the body, wash very well with plenty of water and see a physician as soon as you can.
- Keep all chemicals out of reach of children.
- Never taste any chemicals with the tongue.
- Wear your apron or other protective clothing before you commence production.
- Most importantly, use your head. Don’t play with chemicals, please.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COPY THE PROCEDURES, CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A FREE PDF COPY
Thanks for your time! I hope this is helpful. You may leave further questions or inquiries in the comment section below, better still, reach us via WhatsApp on 07069140167 for a fast response.
WhatsApp Direct Link: http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=2347069140167
The above is a simple 5 steps guide. The procedure takes less than 5 minutes, compared to Liquid Soap Production. Every mother or housewife needs to learn this. With around
₦2000, you can produce 5Liters. Open the link in a new tab so you don’t forget to read. Click Here to begin.
If you have further questions, don’t forget to chat with me on WhatsApp. Thanks.
BEFORE YOU GO!
I sincerely wish to teach you how you can make a great income from PWAN Real estate company. Believe me, you will call to thank me later for this.
If you know you are REALLY tired of these hardships we pass through every day, spare 2 minutes of your time to read this.
I AM INTRODUCING TO YOU HOW YOU CAN MAKE 15% COMMISSIONS ON SALES OF PWAN REAL ESTATE LANDS AND PROPERTIES AS A PBO
THIS ARTICLE MIGHT CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!
In addition to making money from liquid soap production, I sincerely wish to advise you to add PWAN real estate marketing to the side hustle. Trust me, it is easy to do, and less stressful than liquid soap production. PWAN business will greatly amaze you.
In this harsh economy which doesn’t appear to get better any time soon, we all need more and more sources of passive income to help us meet up with the expenses that go with each day. This is why I am introducing PWAN Business to you. Provided you post on WhatsApp Status and Facebook, you can do this business.
PWAN is an acronym for “PROPERTY WORLD AFRICAN NETWORK” As a registered PBO (PWAN Business Owner), you will get to earn a 15% direct commission from any PWAN Group estate land or properties sold through you.
When someone you recruited sells PWAN land or property, you will be paid a 5% commission on the sale. When the person recruits also, and the people sell, you will be paid, 3% commission of the sales. This continues up to the 3rd and last level, where you get a 1% commission. Plus more and more point values (PV) that translate into cash and are paid directly into your bank account…
When you have up to 30 registered PBOs under you, PWAN will make you a TEAM MANAGER, coupled with a celebration that goes with it. Plus, you will also get rewarded with a sum of
Click >> Here to Register as A PWAN Business Owner (PBO) and start marketing.
BELIEVE ME, THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR STORY…THIS IS WHY I HAVE ATTACHED THIS VIDEO HERE…PLEASE DO NOT SKIP. WATCH ALL.
Before you go, follow the link below to join the list of my online students who receive free updates from me. IT IS COMPLETELY FREE!
You will be among those that get updates when more articles on similar productions like how to produce Izal, Air-freshener, Hair Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Tiles Cleaner Fluid, etc. are released.
Subscribe below with your email and phone number, use the link below to be added.
It is completely free!
Click » HERE
MORE TO READ:
- Click Here To Learn Affiliate Marketing (This is a beginner’s guide)
- All You Need To Know About Digital Marketing (How to use it to scale your business)
- This Article Will Teach You How To Make Money Online (Easy guide)
- Learn How To Publish EBook On Amazon Kindle For Free (Earn Lifetime royalty)
- Entrepreneurship Degrees Online: Things You Should Know
- How To Make ₦5000 Daily Performing Simple Social Tasks On Hawkit (Detailed Explanation)
BUY FOLLOWERS, LIKES, COMMENTS ETC, FOR YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES FOR AS LOW AS ₦5, EARN ₦3 PER TASK, UP TO ₦3000 PER DAY. REPEAT AGAIN THE NEXT DAY.
Buy followers, likes, comments, and shares on your social media pages and handles. This will help to attract more followers thereby, bringing more convergence and sales.
Most followers you see on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, etc, were all bought at very cheap prices. You too can do the same, use wisdom in all you do…this is also a way of working smartly.
EARN ₦3 PER TASK YOU PERFORM
You may also join Millions of those performing these tasks of Liking, Commenting, Sharing, Subscribing, Following etc, and be making ₦3 per task.
If you can spare up to 1hr every day, you will be making nothing less than ₦2000. This sounds too good to be true; believe me, people like you are really making money from this, because many people out there are busy buying followers, shares, likes and comments etc.
Per Share costs ₦15, you are paid 20% of this amount which is ₦3…Not too big, but “a tiny drop of water makes a mighty ocean.” You will be surprised how much you will be making in 1hour.
USE THIS TRICK!
Open new social media accounts and use them to perform these tasks. Keep your main account private for yourself. Make money every day. Thank me in the comment section. Cheers!